February 7, 2013

refashioned globe

Yesterday I spotted my school getting rid of these beauties.
So I snagged a few.
Months ago I saw this // pin //
and I instantly saw a future craft.
So I utilized some spar time today in order to make a statement piece for my nightstand.
For my globe I used gesso (although any paint will work). Paintbrushes. Palette.
Running total for this craft...free.
Can't beat that.
Siri helped me find some synonyms and definitions for words pertaining to adventure.
My favorite being...
"take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome"
It barely took any gesso to cover my globe with many words, phrases, and drawings.
I used hearts to highlight all the places on my globe where I have been
or want to go.
Places near and dear to my heart.
Life is a journey.
Hold on and take a breath.
I even used lyrics from songs I love like // this one //.
This craft was easy and the perfect creative release.
Enjoy.