August 2, 2012

art room bulletin boards

UPDATE: see a year's worth of // facebook bulletin boards //

It's August!
Which means school will be starting soon.
I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of summer, but I know once I start having school nightmares I need to get in the classroom and get productive.
Hence my visit into my room today.

Today I tackled most of the bulletin boards.
I must say I am loving the Facebook board which was inspired by this pin.
First I selected 10 artists. One for each month (August-May)
I started by sorting some of my art prints.
Then I googled each artist and found them a "Profile Picture"
I wrote each artist's name and their "about" information onto a piece of poster board.
Found a brief biography for under their profile picture.
Put some of their artwork up in one of their photo albums.
And then I was so obsessed I made a Wall with a few status updates, comments, and likes.
Not gonna lie, I had a lot of fun making this.
I am anticipating it will be a hit with the kiddos.

I also made this bulletin board from this pin.
Now all I have to do is finish my personal bulletin board and the safe seat bulletin board.
But, who knows, sitting at the pool may win out.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice on the Facebook bulletin board. I had that one pinned. I already did an artist of the month board. This will make it more interesting for the kids. Love to see how you did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of bulletin board ideas I pinned this summer also! Now I have to just choose which ones I want to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and I think I'll def be using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind. I have posted a link to this post on my blog for art bulletin boards. jan

    http://bulletinboardstoremember.blogspot.com/2013/09/show-me-something-creative.html

    ReplyDelete