July 2, 2012

go green

In May I recruited the world to help me vote for a new paint color in the art room.
47% of the vote went to Overt Green.
A color which I had not predicted the world would choose.

I've only had about a dozen nightmares since I gave my approval for them to paint my room that color.
I only mentally flipped-out at every lime-colored beach house in Destin thinking,
"Oh my gosh, what have I done?!"

So today was the day of the reveal.
At first, I was trapped outside my school because my key wasn't working.
The adrenaline pulsing through my veins told me if I didn't find an unlocked door soon then I might break a window with my curiosity (panic) getting the best of me. -kidding of course-
Luckily, a maintenance person found me before I found a rock. ;)

And when I finally stepped foot in my room I fell in love.
Turns out the world did not lead me astray.
My plan was to organize, but they had not waxed my floors yet. 
As you can tell from below...much of what I 'planned' to do was thwarted.
I did get my bulletin boards covered. 
My plan for the board on the right is to feature a different artist's profile each month...starting with me.
The board on the left is where I put pictures, schedules, and stuff I don't want to lose.
I also decided to create my word wall this year.
I used a Chevron patterns plus tints and shades in my favorite color.
Tempera paint washes right off the cabinet doors which allows me to change the design up every year.
Word Wall

Stay tuned for Wednesday because there will be a giveaway!!

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful! The world did you right- green was perfect! And the purple is such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green. Great idea to paint on the cabinets. I'll have to give that a try (after testing in an inconspicuous area to make sure it washes off my cabinets, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wows-a! Love this color. Of course I voted for this color. Glad you like it! I'm thinking like Katie, tempera on my cabinets would be a big improvement. Right now they are light gray and there are a ton of them!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everythng grows from a green base! Love the color and the monochromatic purple on the cupboards. Who knew you could paint on cabinets and it would wash off every year? I am so jealous you have a full size oven too! Great for polymer clay projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even thought of that Pat. Sheesh, where is my head?! Mostly I just use it to bake myself a potato for lunch or cookies. Haha.

      Delete
    2. I was wondering about that oven too! :) HA HA That is so funny...potato & cookies aren't a bad thing to use it for!!! Why is it there though? Former home ec room?

      Delete
    3. No, former science lab. I thinking about adding a fridge so that I can just live there. ;)

      Delete
  5. I voted for green and I LOVE it! I'm so jealous! I get to go back to two blah tan rooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe maybe maybe your Principal will give you the chance to paint your room one day. It was seriously out of the blue for me - I didn't even ask!

      Delete