June 7, 2012

the commission

Have you ever been commissioned to do an artwork?
I have a few times.
This time it is for my aunt.
She recently got herself a fancy office with some walls that need some love.

This is what I was told:
Modern, Abstract, Cool Colors, Pollock, Rothko..etc. 3 artworks.
Today I tackled one of them.

Medium: My favorite watercolors
The inspiration for this artwork is Pollock with cool colors.
The driveway started to get a paint job too.
This is where you go when you have no studio space. Outdoors.
What do you think? 

Oh ya, here is the best part, I'm getting paid in manicures.
YES!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE! It's fabulous--I can't wait to put it up!

    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hang it on the wall-and I'm PICKY! Ha! Love the colors too-


    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via Art with Mr. E! Love this piece you did! I blog at dreampraycreate.blogspot.com and I (too) am doing graduate studies while I am also teaching art - I teach high school though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!! It's quite beautiful!!! I'd for sure hang it on my walls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!! It's quite beautiful!!! I'd for sure hang it on my walls!!!

    ReplyDelete