March 15, 2012

neon & nightmares

Here is a little snippet of what I've done this break...
1. Continued the celebration of 26 with my friends.
2. Babysat my niece. We went and saw the geese.
3. I've read a lot!! My reads this week (Through My Eyes: Tim Tebow (be still my heart), Born to Run (Not sure what I think about it yet), I am Second (see here), and 90 Minutes in Heaven (interesting...like this one better though)
4. Soaking up the sunshine!

Anyway, I have been dabbling with some more crafty stuff. 
I found this chain on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby and decided I would rather it be brighter.
I gave it a couple of coats of white spray paint and let it dry overnight.
Then I hit it with the neon.
Patience is key here, but I have none.
Due to my lack of patience to let it dry, it is a little splotchy in areas. But I achieved the look I wanted overall.

School starts back up soon, and I can tell it is soon because I am starting to have nightmares. Anyone else have trouble falling asleep at night because they are going through each class in their head? Working and reworking ideas? That is me, all the time. 
Stay tuned, for the next month I am shifting into Fine Arts Night mode. I am sure there will be some interesting post in the next 40 days.