February 20, 2012

Nest Necklace

I couldn't think of a better use for this day off school then craft time.
Sure, I might have needed to write a Masters paper...
but this just seemed so much more fun.
One of the best things about this project was that I hardly needed any supplies.
In fact, this time, I didn't have to purchase anything.
Start with the copper wire and string your choice of beads onto it.
Kink the wire to keep the beads from moving a lot.
My beads are actually from a little bead shop in Nevada City, California that I got on a trip there last spring.
Note that cats, like Ollie, love playing with wire.
Start making circles around the beads.
Once you gone around the beads a lot pull the wire 3 times around the loops you've made.
Loop the wire around in two other places and make a loop at the top of the nest.
Add a chain. I made my long enough so I could just slip it over my head.
It was so easy and I love the results!