February 9, 2011

quotable kids (week 2)

I don't know what my problem was, but somehow I scheduled all my classes to be working in paint the last week. Paint seems simple enough, but it is so involved for me as the teacher. Translation: zero down time. So every time a kid said something funny I would think, "Hmmm, I need to file that away so I can write it on my blog." But by the time I had time, I forgot what was said.

Today, although still knee-deep in paint, I laughed at some comments by third graders. It was smack dab right in the last 3 minutes of class at the end of the day. Perfect timing.

Three girls were helping fold paint shirts in the back of the room. This is a daily ritual for them if we happen to paint. 


Girl: "This is good practice." (As she folds another shirt)
Teacher: "What's good practice?"
Girl: "Doing laundry for the rest of my life. Because that's what we are required to do."
Boy: "That's right! Cause we aren't ever gonna do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment