January 25, 2011

quotable kids (week 1)

I don't know what it is about kids, but they really do say the most ridiculous things.
Enjoy what 3 of my students did today:

When 2nd grade rolled into art class this morning one boy immediately forced a silly band on my wrist. When I took it off to see what it was, this is what I saw. He told me it was to represent the "warm" colors. Sure.

While working with clay I instructed the students to hold their clay slab in one hand and smooth the edges with their pinkie. I started strolling around the room and heard one 2nd grade boy talking to his clay much like the character Gollum from the "Lord of the Rings" talks to the ring. "Precious...my precious." were the words he kept repeating while stroking his clay.

I overheard a 5th grade conversation today:
Boy: You know who my sister looks like when she wears glasses?
Table: Who?
Boy: Sarah Palin
Girl: Who in the world is Sarah Palin?


No comments:

Post a Comment